Retirement & Income Planning
Create a path to the retirement you’ve worked so hard for.
One of the biggest risks an investor faces is running out of money in retirement. Whether your dreams include relaxing with family and friends, traveling or taking on a new hobby, you want to have a plan in place to reach your retirement income goals. Taking steps to help protect your assets can go a long way toward giving you the freedom to focus on what’s important in retirement.
The amount you will need in retirement depends on the age you plan to retire, your desired retirement lifestyle, how long you expect to live and the rate of return that you expect to earn on your investments. Social Security and employer-sponsored pension plans will probably provide less of what you will need than they did for your parents. It’s never too early to start saving for retirement, and it’s never too late to start planning. If you’ve just begun your journey to retirement, consistently saving and strategically investing is where you should begin your focus.
Consideration should be given to one or more of the following strategies when trying to maximize your retirement income:
- Clearly prioritized retirement goals and objectives
- Shelter your assets from stock market volatility
- Incorporate investment strategies consistent with age, timeline to retirement, and risk tolerance
- Optimize your existing wealth while still protecting it from unforeseen risks
- Map out a comprehensive retirement plan, accounting for investments, life and health insurance, income, estate, and legacy planning